Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Other Random Happenings
Chance had a Toys-R-Us gift card and birthday money that he was DYING to spend, so I decided to be "fun mom" for once instead of "mean pregnant mom" and take the kids down to Layton. After wandering around that store for what seemed like FOREVER (hoping it would put me into labor! no such luck...) Chance decided to buy the game Mind Flex. Supposedly you can move these little foam balls around an obstacle course by using only your mind. Ooooh, eerie, I know. I made SURE we could return the game in case it didn't work. I just had a feeling that it was going to be a piece of $80.00 junk. Anyway, we took it home and played it for Family Home Evening the next Monday. It really worked!! You have to concentrate but somehow that freaky ball moves around the obstacle course! You have to try it to believe it. It was so funny to watch everyone concentrating so hard. Shawn had a dream that night that he was moving cement panels out of our backyard by using only his mind. We all think we have the "Force" now. Is this a look of determination on Shawn's face or what!?

If you look carefully, you can see the ball in the air - a little fan blows it up in the air and then you can change its direction with your "mind." I have no idea how it works.

I also wanted to post what Miss Hannah has been doing lately. Since the school year has started, she has been taking piano lessons from Bravo Arts Academy in Washington Terrace. She is going to a class called "piano team", which means there are 4-5 kids in her class that all take the lessons together. She really likes it, but I think this is going to be her last month down there. The piano method they use down there is... weird. To me. I think I'll just try to teach her at home for awhile and then put her in with a different teacher in a year or so. I guess I'm a piano snob. I had such an AWESOME teacher (my mommy) who actually taught me my notes rather than simply "where to put my hands." I want Hannah to learn the same way. I just hope I'll have time to focus on her piano with the new baby. I really want her to learn.


Hannah has also been taking tumbling at The Edge in Pleasant View. She LOVES it. She was so proud of herself to be able to do a backbend all by herself, and she is now working on her cartwheel. I can tell she's getting stronger and more confident. I figure if she starts young enough, maybe she'll not be scared to do back-handsprings like her mother was! I always HATED doing anything that made me go backwards. Hopefully Hannah will be a little braver.

No comments: