Wednesday, November 03, 2010

The Cabin
We took a quick trip up to the cabin over Fall Break. Shawn went up on Thursday to go fishing with Brett, and the kids and I (and Rags) drove up the next day. Chance was invited to go with Brett and Shawn, but he is still traumatized from the last time those two took him fishing - he about froze to death!! It was such a pretty drive to Star Valley- I love driving to the cabin during the fall in the daytime. I did not take as many pictures as I should have, but I just had to grab a picture of Hannah with her slingshot sitting on the four-wheeler. "The boy we never had" as Shawn calls her. At the cabin, Laura taught Courtnie and I how to crochet and use knitting looms. It was fun! We made beanie hats and scarves. Then we took a trip to the Afton fabric store to buy some more yarn and check out the fabrics. I'M GETTING OLD!! While we were at the store, Shawn took the kids to Lance's pond for some fishing. I showed up just in time to grab a picture. The fish were jumping like crazy, and they are good sized! We took our trailer to the cabin as we have been doing for a few years now. It is nice to have our own space, plus to give everyone else more space within the cabin. Our family is getting too big for it, but it is so much fun to go! The kids put on a circus and another play for all of us. This is what I mean by not taking as many pictures as I should have! I have no pictures of it, but it was pretty cute. Everything seems to be extra fun when it happens at the cabin! Even cutting wood - I took this picture of Shawn so he could show his Crossfit buddies that he was a lumberjack Crossfitter.

No comments: