Tuesday, January 12, 2010

christmas

For some reason, Chance was nervous this year that Santa was going to bring him a lump of coal.  Funny thing is, this has probably been his best year of behavior since he was born!!  He kept saying that he was going to check everyone's stocking on Christmas morning to see if it had a lump of coal in it.  He really was pretty paranoid about it!  Lucky for all of us, Santa didn't bring coal this year.  It was the year of the Snuggie, electric scooter, giant doll house, "American Girl" doll, and BYU.  We all know that Santa had to bring BYU stuff because Mom doesn't believe in BYU.  The BYU uniform was worn the entire Christmas day - helmet and all.



Santa brought Shawn some Jazz/Laker tickets for the February game.  Since the tickets were from Santa, Shawn was able to choose anyone he would like to take to the game.  However, he didn't really have a choice - Chance placed dibs on the tickets by exclaiming, "Dad!  That will be such a good game for us to see!"  Luckily I got to see a Jazz game on the day before my birthday so my feelings weren't hurt - well, maybe a little.  Guess I've gotta get used to this male bonding thing.  :)  Shawn bought me some really cute clothes and some new black boots that are nicer than any boots I would have ever bought for myself.  Not to mention a trip to Hawaii!  We're headed to Oahu in March!  I opened my stocking and found a hand-drawn picture of Shawn surfing yelling "Kowabunga!" and me laying out on the beach.  It was hilarious.  What got into him this year?  He can't keep up at this pace.

3 comments:

Sandra Dubreuil said...

Hawaii!! I am so excited for you!! What a nice trip that will be!

Lindsay said...

haha "mom doesn't believe in byu". you are so funny. seriously, how is shawn going to top this christmas? can't wait for you to come to hawaii. woohoo!

Brooke said...

gosh....i'm jealous! You never told me he bought you that trip! I guess that makes up for Shawn choosing Chance to go to the Jazz game with him.