Sunday, January 10, 2010

OOPS, I made a mistake...
Okay, so the most romantic gift might not have been from my husband after all.  Although his was a close second.  :)  And my husband DID surprise me with a similar gift a few years ago, so I've gotta give the guy credit for that.  HOWEVER, the award for the most romantic gift goes to my dad!  He bought my mom a new piano!  She has always wanted a black, Yamaha upright.  So a couple weeks before Christmas, he gave me the go ahead to pick one out.  We were trying to get my mom of the house so that the piano could be delivered while she was gone, then just have it sitting there in her living room when she returned.  But this was harder than it might sound!  My sister Lindsay asked her to go to lunch with her - she declined.  Then my sister Stephanie asked her to go shopping - she declined.  We were running out of ideas to get her out of the house, so about 1/2 hour before the delivery was going to take place my sister Stephanie called and told my mom that her car had broken down (she has a new car so it was a little far-fetched, but still...) and she needed someone to come pick her up.  She even declined that!!  So Mom was in her room blowdrying her hair when the piano delivery people came.  It worked out perfectly!  It was hillarious - she didn't hear a thing!  It was a great surprise.  I have it recorded on video, but my sister has this awesome picture that is priceless.  What a romantic and thoughtful dad I have!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

i'll never forget mom's reaction when she saw the piano. i am so glad i got to be there to see it! you did a great job picking it out and it is absolutely beautiful. i am so impressed with dad for getting mom such an awesome gift! i want to watch the video!

Steph said...

I LOVE this picture!!!