Monday, April 06, 2009

our baby girl...

I am seriously behind in the blogging department! I'll never catch up, but I thought I'd at least give it a shot by posting a major event...

Hannah had her 4th birthday while we were in California. I didn't want to haul all of her presents with us, so I just brought one that I knew she'd love - a Sleeping Beauty costume. She loves to dress up while pretending that Shawn is the prince. I like when he is around because he thinks it's hillarious and will always play along. If he's not home and if Chance is out playing, then I am the lucky one who gets to be the prince!

It is so fun to see Shawn with his little girl. There is such a special bond between the two of them. He is so cute and patient with her. I can't believe she is growing up so fast! I started thinking about the day that she'll leave me and go to school and I began to tear up! It honestly feels like yesterday that she was a newborn. I remember rocking her to sleep, not minding too much that I was up in the middle of the night because it finally just the two of us -- that didn't happen much with Chance running around wild! Ah, how time flies.


7 comments:

Sandra Dubreuil said...

Love your blog makeover!! And little Hannah looks precious as a princess!! What a nice Daddy to play make believe with her too!

Brooke said...

guess it's time to have another baby! ha ha ha

Susan said...

What a sweet post! I just love that daddy-daughter bond - it is so special!

Candace Thomas said...

I'm with Brooke...can Jakey have a friend:)? Just kidding. I do love your blog, and I LOVE what dad's will do for their kids, especially their little princesses. I can't wait to see Mike!

Lindsay said...

now i'm tearing up too! it really does feel like yesterday that she was just a newborn...i wish she'd stop growing up so i could stop missing it all! i love her princess phase she is in, and that shawn plays along. so sweet.

Jessica said...

I can't believe she is four they do grow up so fast. I would love for you to take pictures of my kids. We will be moving back to Utah soon.

Jason said...

i know this is about hannah but what is shawn's face doing in that photo?