Tuesday, April 07, 2009

General Conference Ramblings...
the fam -- San Diego temple

I just love General Conference. It is so nice to hear our church leaders reassure all of us that our Savior is aware of each of us and loves us all. I need to hear that from those wonderful men twice a year! It gives me such a peaceful, happy, warm feeling.

I need to re-read Elder Richard G. Scott's talk from the Saturday session. Did anyone else catch it? He spoke of the temple and eternal families, but there was so much depth to it that I am sure I missed a lot of points that I will catch later on while reviewing his words on paper. Elder Nelson spoke immediately following Elder Scott, and I noticed that Elder Nelson had tears sparkling in his eyes. I felt so calm and humble inside, knowing that I and Elder Nelson had both felt the strong spirit coming from Elder Scott's words.

I had the impression from this conference that our lives could be a lot worse than we are all complaining about. President Monson's story of the woman buring each of her four children along her journey brought tears to my eyes. I thought, here we are as members of the church, feeling sorry for ourselves because we have lost money or lost our jobs due to the economy -- but have any of us buried each of our children due to starvation and cold? Here in the United States, I doubt it. We are a little TOO well-taken care of. I'll speak for myself when I say I am spoiled rotten in comparison!!

The good news is this: things aren't that bad. We are going to survive. Life is good. Enjoy! Let's put smiles on our faces! Our Father in Heaven loves each of us, and is aware of each of our struggles. I'm so grateful for Him and all that he has done and continues to do for me and my family.

Sorry for the testimony bearing, it's just been one of those emotional weeks... :)

5 comments:

Candace Thomas said...

I love ya Nat! You are always so sweet and positive. If you ever look and my blog and I am complaining...with out mentioning the positive let me know! You are amazing...

RichKids said...

Beautiful! I LOVE your pic at the temple...that is an amazing temple. And your new background is so cute! And your picture of Hannah and Shawn is adorable!

Lindsay said...

that is exactly how i felt after conference! you put it into words so well. and your picture is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I agree with all you said. You are a great person Nat. Thanks for uplifting me today and for your example. Love the cute pics of Hannah and Shawn. Treasure those little moments, before you know it she'll be dating "other men" and her dad won't be quite the prince that he is to her now.

Brooke said...

you are too sweet...