Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Blogging Maniac...
My recommitment to blogging has come in an effort to eventually pull these memories into some sort of memory or history book. As I am more prone to sit at a computer and write out my thoughts rather than make notations into a journal or diary, I've decided to make Blogger my family history outlet. It is, admittedly, a little strange that this history I am creating is online for the world to see! Fortunately (or unfortunately!) I don't have many juicy secrets to hide, so it doesn't bother me too much!

Last night around 7:30 I was looking for Chance. The TV was on and he was not sitting in front of it, which is quite unordinary. I noticed that our front door was cracked open, so I opened it and looked outside for him. There he was - standing on the curb of our front yard, head tilted upward, gazing from side to side at the sky. I asked him what the heck he was doing. He said, "Oh, just enjoying nature and the fresh air." Then he breaks into this big grin. Is that really what he was doing? I guess I'll never know. As I'm smelling the fumes from the cars zooming along our busy street, I politely asked him to "enjoy nature" in the backyard where he's less likely to be kidnapped or run over! He is such a funny kid.

Yesterday morning, I awoke and began to step out of bed. To my complete surprise, I almost stepped on Hannah, who was sleeping at the foot of my bed! When she woke up, I asked her why she was sleeping on my floor. She replied, "I woke up and my dollies on my bed were STARING at me and it was FREAKING me out!" I burst out laughing. She has like five billion dolls sitting at the foot of her bed and they really are staring right at her! I had to take a picture of what she saw when she woke up in the middle of the night. I must admit, it freaked me out a little bit as well.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you say "Chucky"? I don't blame her either!

EmWJ said...

That. Is. Hilarious.

Jason said...

chance takes after his dad.

Jason said...

i tried to put $1 in this reddbox and it didn't give me a movie.

sorry i have a week off of studying so i'm going to make fun of you

Lindsay said...

i can't tell you how hard i laughed at this post. you have the funniest kids!!! i love hearing about the things they do so keep posting.

Candace Thomas said...

Have I mentioned how glad I am that you have recommitted to blogging? You are so dang funny...and your kids too!

Courtnie said...

Me and the girls had to read this one over and over. Those dolls look creepy, especially the snow white (I know their really not). I could WATCH Hannah all day and LISTEN to Chance all day.

Jessica said...

Those are such precious stories. What is funny is that I could here your funny little laugh in my head, even though it's been a long time since I heard it.