Tuesday, April 14, 2009

CrossFit - kill me now...


My hubby has been doing this exercise program for a few months now called CrossFit. He has had amazing results! I'm so proud of him. He will be embarrassed that I am sharing this, but he has lost like 15% bodyfat and he can jump and run like a teenager! I couldn't believe how he could play basketball in his Alumni tournament a few weeks ago. VERY impressive. So anyway, the teacher/trainer is our good friend, Lindsay Hassell. If you don't know Lindsay, he has muscles on top of his muscles. Then he has muscles on top of those. And he's scary. Okay, not scary all of the time, just when he yells...

So anyway, last Saturday was my first attempt at CrossFit. And I threw up. Literally. I barely made it to the bathroom. I have never worked out so hard in my life! I walked upstairs and sat in the daycare room with Chance. I was so MAD. Am I really that big of a wimp? I throw up at the gym? That's not the Natalie I know!

As embarrassed as I was (and still am) I have continued to go to CrossFit. My goal is this: Do NOT, under any circumstance, throw up again! And I have achieved this goal in my one week CrossFit attendance. Yay for me! My legs are like rubber and are tender to the touch -- walking up and down stairs is a definite chore. But I can do this! And as motivation, I keep one of Lindsay's old sayings in my head to keep me going:

"Pain is weakness leaving the body."

See, told ya he's scary...

4 comments:

EmWJ said...

That is crazy. I totally can't see you throwing up, it must be crazy hard. Wow.

Courtnie said...

Good Luck with Crossfit! I want to come try it sometime (am I crazy).
You can do it..you're tough!!

jason said...

Is that like aerobics for men? If so can you get me a picture of Shawn in his spandex shorts so I can put it on his next gift card?

Lindsay said...

you are so funny! and so brave! i can't believe you can do that workout. i would be crying!