Saturday, August 02, 2008

If anyone asks who my hero is, I am going to reply "any stay-at-home mom."

I've decided to go back to work part-time. My former employer called me and asked if I'd be interested in coming back to work, and probably a little TOO cheerfully, I accepted! I originally quit my job in order to become a full-time, stay-at-home mom. I've been doing it for a little over a year, and unfortunately, I was not very good at it. I always felt like something was missing. It was a weird feeling. I started working this week, and it feels so good to get out and be in the workforce again.

I can honestly say, being a stay-at-home mom is the hardest job in the world!! The funny part is, my kids were SO excited for me to go back to work. I was flattering myself when I thought they would be sad, but they were really happy to go to grandma's! Maybe we were all ready for a break from each other... We'll see how it goes, I guess.

7 comments:

desert dirt diva said...

i'm a stay at home mom that works at my kids school.....i really do need to get a job, but its been years since i had a job.. so now know one will hire me.....good luck going back to work...

Sandra Dubreuil said...

Wow, I heard through Kathleen that you were probably going back to work but she didn't know when. Good for you:) If you ever need anything let me know! Does your work schedule still allow us to have you be a part of Joy School for the girls in the fall? Hope so:)

Brooke said...

i can't believe you already started back! i will miss you... i know that sounds funny! i'm happy for you!

Berrett Family said...

I absolutely agree with you about being a stay at home mom. That's why i've never fully quit my job. 2 days a week has been ideal for me. I love my job! Congrats on the call back! Let me know if you ever need me to tend!

EmWJ said...

Yes. I love the sanity of working, even if it's just working from home. It still affords a measure of outside communication. So I'm way excited for you! I echo the "if you ever need a backup babysitter" I've got a bunch of girls who would love some playmates!

Lindsay said...

nat i'm happy for you! you were always so good at your job i'd hate for that talent to go to waste. now save those $$$'s so you can come visit!

Lemon Annie said...

Congratulations! Working part time is really the best of both worlds! You are a great paralegal and I am sure they are so happy to have you back!