Sunday, July 27, 2008

So another random hobby of mine is to play with this really cool keyboard and music editing software that my sweet mommy bought! She lets me keep it at my house so I can mess around with it, even though it is technically hers. Chance wanted to play "I Hope They Call Me On A Mission", but he only knows from G to G on the piano. So, I thought I'd edit it to a simple version without 8th notes so he could play it. He gives it his own little flair with the timing, but he's at least reading the music! I'm going to upload a copy if anyone would like one to try out. Keep in mind - it's EASY! But the nice thing is, once it's learned, they can play it pretty fast. I think it sounds similar, even without the weird timing. I'm pretty sure you can just click on the music below to make it large, and then print it from there...
Speaking of Chance and the piano, he played "Scripture Power" in a duet with me today in Primary. He did not make ONE mistake! I was so proud of him! He does so well under pressure. When he reached the piano he whispered to me, "I'm embarrassed." I told him just to do his best, and I think he played it better than he had ever practiced it at home! Way to go, pal!!

6 comments:

paige m. said...

Natalie, it's paige. i totally love your blog! i think that it is great that Chance can play the piano! he is so cute. i was so bummed when my mom told me that i better not tend Saturday! i hope i didn't leave you hanging and you had fun. call me again!

Lindsay said...

way to go chance! he obviously inherited his mother's musical abilities. i love that you made an arrangement just for him, that is so cute. you are such a talented mommy!

Brooke said...

chance, chance, what can i say about him? he is one genious of a boy. at least i can say he used to come play with my boys when he turns into the next einstein later in life.

Natalie Redd said...

Hi Paige! You know I will be calling again FOR SURE! Thanks for always being so willing to help me out.

Lindz and Brooke - thanks for the sweet comments about my nerdy son and the even bigger nerd that is raising him...

RichKids said...

Yes, he did AWESOME...see what a great mom you are!

Anonymous said...

I heard him play that song and I couldn't believe it! He really is AMAZING! I can't believe how fast he picks things up...