Sunday, July 06, 2008


Our little Eddie
May 2008 - July 5, 2008

Our sweet little doggie passed away this weekend while we were at our cabin in Star Valley, Wyoming. I had taken him to the vet on Thursday the 3rd because he was breathing kind of strange, and I also wanted to see what I could do about his diarrhea. The vet prescribed him an antibiotic for some bacteria that was found in his stool, and told me to give Eddie Pepto Bismol twice per day. Eddie's blood work came back as normal, so we thought he would be fine. Little Eddie did not like to eat his regular food - I constantly had to feed him this NutriCal paste that is a high calorie supplement so he would not get hypoglycemia - and I wonder if his lack of food got the best of him. On the 4th of July, he went completely limp and was barely breathing. I tried to find a vet in Wyoming but since it was the 4th of July weekend, no one was around. I tried to bring him back by feeding him Gatorade and more of his NutriCal throughout the night, and it worked for awhile, but it just wasn't enough. He died the next day. My kids and their cousins are so sad - we picked wildflowers and had a little doggie burial at the cabin. Hannah keeps asking when Eddie is going to "come back alive." How awful - I thought having a puppy would be so much fun! Little did I know that it was going to bring us tears...

RIP Eddie, we miss you and love you.

9 comments:

Sandra Dubreuil said...

I'm so sorry for you:( He was a beautiful puppy.

Lemon Annie said...

That's awful! I am so sorry you had to endure that and that your kids did too!

EmWJ said...

Oh, not fun! I'm so sorry! He was so cute!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry... He was the cutest little puppy ever! I'm sure he's running around with Penny and Daisy...

Lindsay said...

That seriously breaks my heart! I'm so sorry Nat.

the redd fam said...

Nat, that is so sad. I am so sorry!! That's not a fun thing to have happen at the cabin. He was so stinkin' cute..I'm sorry you had to go through that. :( We miss you guys.

Anonymous said...

Nat, I am so sorry that you lost your puppy. He was so darn cute and it breaks my heart that you and your kids had to go through such a tragedy. My thoughts are with you.

RichKids said...

Ohhh....I am SO SORRY! What a horrible thing to deal with.

Brooke said...

i am so sorry you had to go through all of that!