Wednesday, June 01, 2011

West-a-boy
West-a-boy's two bottom teeth finally poked through! He is so much happier! I watched as his teeth were starting to come through, and it looked so painful. So red and swollen. But now they're through and he looks so cute! The other day I was counting to myself (don't ask me why...) and I was saying, “one, two, three.” Every time I said a number, West would say “Ugh”. So it went something like this:

Me: “One”

West: “Ugh”

Me: “Two”

West: “Ugh”

Me: “Three”

West: “Ugh”

Me: [laugh]

It was kind of cool because I think he understood (or was at least familiar with) what I was saying! Also, now that he has teeth, he suddenly has an intense love for Cheerios. The sad part about West growing up is that he wants to feed himself his bottle rather than have me hold him and feed him. That makes me sad, because it seems like feeding him his bottle is the only time I get to even cuddle with him anymore. But he throws a fit until I let him hold his own bottle. It's crazy how quickly they grow. He is also giggling and laughing a lot more, especially when Shawn pretends to drop him! Ha, yes, it's scary to watch but cute to listen to. West is definitely all boy – he loves being roughhoused and played with. He loves his "jump jump" (jumper) and loves walking around the hard floor in his rolling walker. It's funny, because he will follow around anyone who happens to be in the kitchen! You turn around and there's West! You just have to be sure he doesn't run over your feet with that walker thing because it hurts! West also loves to press every button on the remote control, which reminds me a lot of how Chance was at that age. Another thing that is funny about West is that he sneezes when he sees the sun! Shawn has always said that the sun makes you sneeze, and I have always made fun of that assertion. Shawn will be outside and be squinting around, looking for the sun so that he can sneeze. He looks ridiculous and so I tease him. But honestly, every time I take West into the sun, he sneezes!! Maybe it works for some people, who knows.


1 comment:

Lindsay said...

i love that little west. i'm so happy i get to spend time with him every week. he is just the sweetest and happiest baby ever, i can't help but smile every time i look at him! that picture of him and shawn is so sweet.