Sunday, September 05, 2010

11 years and counting...It sounds lame, but it is so hard to believe that Shawn and I have been married for 11 years! I think one of my favorite things about Shawn is that he makes me laugh every day. I think he is so funny! Shawn and I were reminiscing about when we first started dating and how we'd always go to Chili's in Salt Lake. We'd go there time after time after time. Finally, one time I asked Shawn if he wanted me to pay for our meal. Don't ask me why, but I thought he'd insist on paying. Instead he very quickly replies, "Sure," and hands me the bill!! I was so mad!! His excuse for it is that I was a "women's libber" going to the U and he didn't want to offend me and my rights. Anyway, we still tease about that night! So on our actual anniversary we took the kids to Chili's to celebrate.

Happy Anniversary Card from Chance

Then that weekend we went to the spa for massages and ate dinner at the Roof restaurant in the Joseph Smith building. Really, that place NEVER gets old. I don't know if it's because we hype it up and only go once a year, but we are NEVER disappointed! The food is SOOOOOO good! It was a wonderful anniversary!

View from the restaurant. There was a lightning storm going on while we were eating - very cool to watch!

2 comments:

Berrett Family said...

Happy Anniversary and Congrats on 11yrs. I always love your stories. we all miss seeing you guys.

Lindsay said...

"women's libber", that is too funny! the roof is the best anniversary spot. happy 11 years!