Sunday, November 30, 2008


Thanksgiving...what can I say about a holiday where you eat more than you think you possibly can and then chill out and veg the rest of the day. Talk about awesome. This was my first Thanksgiving where I had to actually cook something. My Grandma has cooked for over 30 years and due to various reasons, the Thanksgiving tradition of Grandma slaving away for weeks on end to give all of us a great Thanksgiving came to an end this year. What!? We have to cook for ourselves? We'll never compare to Grandma! Talk about terrifying. Luckily for me, the cooking part ended up not being too bad. My mom had the hard part(s) and cooked the majority of it and also hosted everyone. It ended up being a great time. It'll never be like Grandma's, but we'll sure try!

I realized I did not mention things I am thankful for on my blog, so I will do so right now.
- my husband & kids
- my mom & dad and sisters
- our extended family
- our church and its leaders
- our friends and neighbors
- our home
- our good health
- good food
- technology, including but not limited to computers, the Internet, and as a result, online shopping
- our employment which funds the aforementioned online shopping
- memory foam (if you don't have it, you won't understand!)

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

online shopping!! what would we do without it??

can you believe grandma has cooked for over 30 years? i can't even imagine. i just had two easy things to do for our dinner and i was stressed. she is amazing!