Monday, March 26, 2012

Football, Soccer, and Dance

Chance played his second year of tackle football. Shawn had toyed around with the idea of helping to coach the team this year, but hadn't really made a firm decision. When we went to the first meeting/practice, one of the coaches announced that Shawn would be helping to coach. After the meeting, I asked Chance what his favorite part was about the first official practice. He said, "When dad was announced as a coach." Well, it goes without saying that Chance's comment solidified Shawn's decision to coach! Chance was #12 this year, and played starting defense (they called it Black defense) as corner/linebacker. He played backup offense (Red offense) as halfback. The highlight of his season was when Red offense was able to run plays. Chance wore the playbook on his wrist and started calling out plays like he was the man in charge. He was totally in his element! It was pretty awesome. Chance also ran in a point-after during one of the games. I was so proud of both Shawn and Chance – there were practices every day (with the exception of Fridays) with games on Saturdays. It was a sacrifice for both of them to get there, on time, every, single day. However, the Warriors ended up with an UNDEFEATED season!! There was an end-of-year banquet held for the boys at the elementary school where they were each awarded a trophy, and the coaches talked about each of the boys and what they contributed to the team. It was so cool that Shawn was able to talk about Chance and the progress he had made during the season. I was a little bugged, however, because I started to notice (well...I think I noticed all season and put it together at the end of the season) that the "Team Mom" had a little crush on Shawn!!  She would walk by him, touch his arm, etc. She even made some comment at the banquet about the fact that his new braces affected his kissing? What?!? Annoying!! Well, luckily, we won't be on the same team again next year!!

 My Handsome Boy



Biggest fan...of football and snowcones!!

West is such a good sport at all of these events!!


Hannah had her first year of soccer! She was on a team with her best buddy Esi. I am glad she was on the same team with Esi because I think it helped her come out of her shell a little bit. Hannah wasn't too aggressive on the soccer field, but she would get in there and kick around! She'd run and keep right up with the ball. Their team was called the Blue Dragonflies. They don't keep score at this age, but they would consider their performance a win most of the time! I have been tending Esi in the mornings before school starts so her mom can get off to work. It has been so fun to see her friendship with Hannah develop. I think Hannah enjoyed soccer. It will start up again in the Spring, so we'll see if she's excited to continue.


This picture says a lot about Hannah's soccer career.

Hannah has also been taking dance from MY old dance teacher – Kathy Carver! Talk about crazy! I never thought that Hannah would take dance from my old teacher! It never even crossed my mind! But she LOVES Kathy and has learned a lot from her. The group is called Utah Dance Academy. Hannah is already doing pirouettes, and she will leap and sashe from room to room. Hannah was taking from Jenny's Jazz, and I don't think she learned a thing! I have been really impressed with her progress. We decided to have her take a break from gymnastics and do dance instead for awhile. I would really like to get her into a group that does dance and gymnastics maybe twice a week? I don't want to overdo it for her, but I do want her to be involved and they are both activities that she really enjoys.


And this picture says it all!

No comments: