Monday, October 10, 2011

Shawn's 30-something birthday

For Shawn's birthday (36, I think!? Wow!) I surprised him with a quick trip (just the two of us!) to Las Vegas. I noticed that Kevin James and Ray Romano were going to be doing a show in Las Vegas on Shawn's birthday, so I bought tickets. It turned out to be really funny! I was a little worried it might be crude or profane, but it was relatively clean, especially Kevin James. He was hilarious. My favorite comment that he made was when he asked if any of us had tried the delicious dipping sauce that comes from the George Foreman grill! We flew to Las Vegas and stayed in the Golden Nugget hotel. It had just been remodeled and it was really fun! There was an awesome swimming pool that was set in the middle of an aquarium with huge fish and sharks! We hadn't ever visited the old strip before. Fremont Street was buzzing with all sorts of crazy people dressed as characters – everyone from Big Bird to PeeWee Herman to Ozzy Osborne! The entire street is covered with a lit screen that plays music and shows little movie-type clips. Very cool! It was fun to get away.


I wanted to get this for West.  But refrained.

Me and Chuckie on Fremont Street - I had to get this pic for Steph's kids.  Freaky!!

No comments: