Saturday, October 01, 2011

Chance's 9th Birthday

Chance's 9th Birthday
We decided to do a Nerf Gun party to celebrate Chance's 9th birthday. We held it at the LDS Church bowery that is near our house, and asked everyone to bring Nerf guns. It was utter madness. Chance invited over twenty kids and all of them came! I didn't really plan any specific games other than simple capture the flag. I also thought they could do a target practice and win a prize. Somehow target practice turned into Chance wearing the target and seeing if the kids could shoot him! Soon, everyone wanted to wear the target and have a turn! I think it turned out to be a great time. We ordered pizza and breadsticks and it was incredible how quickly it vanished. Kids were grabbing and flinging pieces of pizza right and left. If you didn't rush in to grab one, you were out of luck. We had Oreo and chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches for cake, because Chance isn't really a cake fan.



This picture doesn't even show half of the kids; don't ask me what I was thinking!

Mom & Loo helping with Westie, always so willing to help!!

The highlight of his birthday was receiving an iPod touch as a gift. He was not expecting one at all! It has been a really fun gift. A few days after he received it, I received a text message from him on it. I didn't know that you could text on it! Then, a few days after that, I received a call from an unknown number. To my surprise, it was Chance calling me through his iPod touch! He had figured out that he could download an App that let him call through the wireless network. It was pretty funny!


No comments: