Thursday, June 02, 2011

Last Day of School

I can't believe that school is over for the year!! Augh!! It is really sad because both my kids absolutely LOVED their teachers. I never once had to argue with them about going to school. I wonder if these teachers realize how important they are in childrens' lives. I'm sure they have an idea, but really, they spend so much time with these kids, more than a lot of parents spend with them. It is so crucial to be able to have your child be with a teacher that influences your child to actually enjoy school!! I was lucky enough to have two awesome teachers who did just that for my kids. And check out these report cards. The only reason Hannah has 1's and 3's on hers is because the concepts weren't presented, so 4's weren't given to anyone. I am so proud of them. Chance's homework got a little old for him during the last month of school, and I actually found a few days of homework "lost" behind the piano and in the garbage during that last little while, but he plugged along and got it done. Shawn and I would tease him and tell him that he might actually get a "3" on his report card if he didn't do his homework, ("How on earth will you ever get into BYU if you have a 3 on your report card??") and that usually solved the mystery of the missing homework.


We made homemade last day of school gifts for the teachers. They are called 2x4 gifts. I was quite proud of how they turned out!



1 comment:

Lindsay said...

i'm not surprised at all those two have perfect report cards, they always amaze me with their smarts! love the byu scare tactic for chance, hehehe