Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Chance's first day of kindergarten has finally arrived! "Excited" is an understatement - he was absolutely thrilled to go to school! Last night before bed I asked him, "Now, what do you do when your teacher asks you a question?" He replies, "I raise my hand." And I said, "Right. Don't shout out the answer if you know it." Then you could just see the wheels turning in his head, and he exclaims, "I'd better start practicing my math!" Then he mutters to himself, "2+2 is 4. 4+4 is 8." He wanted to be sure he knew all of the answers. I assured him that on his first day of kindergarten there probably weren't going to be too many difficult questions, but leave it to Chance to be as prepared as possible!


new school shoes!
it was like torture for him to wait to wear these until today...



These two cuties came with me to walk Chance into school on his first day...

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Nat this is gonna make me cry! Chance is getting so old, it's so hard to believe he's in kindergarten. He is going to be the smartest kid in that class guaranteed!

Lindsay said...

By the way I love Chance's new school outfit and haircut! He looks so handsome.

Courtnie said...

Chance looks so cute! He sure is a handsome fella! I can't believe he is already in kindergarten!
I hope he had a great day.

Brooke said...

Chance is so stinkin' cute! I heard all about the NEW shoes when he came to my house. Sketcher Zstraps. I love it!

Sandra Dubreuil said...

I love how excited he looks! I'm so glad that he and Jackson are in class together...it's so fun to here them talk about their day!